Thursday, September 27, 2018 - Friday, September 28, 2018
LLCC, 5250 Shepherd Rd, Springfield, Illinois
7:30 am - 8:00 pm
Join Alan Lowe and Dr. Samuel Wheeler as we journey from Springfield to Dixon and Galena. Highlights of this trip include:
•Visit the birthplace of Ronald Reagan in Tampico, Illinois;
• Learn about Reagan’s early life on a tour of his boyhood home in Dixon.
• See the President Reagan History Room and his restored 6th grade classroom
at the Northwest Territory Historic Center.
• Spend a night at the Historic DeSoto House Hotel, Illinois’ oldest operating hotel,
where rooms 209 & 211 served as Grant’s presidential campaign headquarters.
• Enjoy a guided tour of Galena, the town that Architectural Digest dubbed
“Most Beautiful Main Street in America” in 2017.
• Tour the homes of Ulysses S. Grant and Elihu Washburne to learn about their
careers and friendship with Abraham Lincoln.
• Explore the history of the area at the Galena/Jo Daviess County History Museum.
The bus will leave LLCC Cass Gym parking lot at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 27,
and return on Friday, Sept. 28, around 8 p.m.
Cost of Admission: $342