Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino, 21 Blackjack Boulevard, East Peoria, Illinois
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
On Wednesday, March 28, 2018, the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR) will commemorate Women’s History Month in East Peoria, Illinois with a “A Celebration of Trailblazing Women.” Please join us as we partner with the Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce and Illinois 200 to recognize five trailblazing women from the Peoria metropolitan area who have made significant contributions to Illinois in their respective industries. The honorees include:
- Angela Henry, Managing Editor for the Traveler Weekly Newspaper
- Cori Rutherford, VP & General Manager, Par-A-Dice Hotel and Casino
- Dr. Sharon Kherat, Superintendent, School District 150
- Jimena Lopez, Patient Advocate and Prevention Specialist
- Karen Cotton, External Affairs Manager for Illinois American Water
IDHR Acting Director Janice Glenn will make welcoming remarks and the featured keynote speaker will be Dr. Shelia Quirk-Bailey, President of Illinois Central College.
This event is a part of the 2018 IDHR Fairness and Equality Campaign; which seeks to celebrate the Illinois Bicentennial by engaging Illinois municipalities and government entities in public programs that inform Illinoisans about topics related to equality, IDHR’s functions, and the protections offered under the Illinois Human Rights Act. The event will feature local proclamations from East Peoria and Peoria, Illinois.
Cost of Admission: $0.00