Friday, October 12, 2018 - Saturday, October 13, 2018
Jonesboro City Square, Jonesboro City Square, Jonesboro, Illinois
5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
A weekend of activities starting on Friday, October 12, 2018 and Saturday, October 13, 2018:
1. A festival with vendors, activities and music near the Jonesboro square, both Friday evening and all day Saturday.
2. Lincoln portrayer George Buss will be speaking at the school to the children and then to the public.
3. A ceremony at the Jonesboro Cemetery honoring Revolutionary Patriots with new gravestones and dedication by the Sons of the American Revolution and assisted by the Daughters of the Revolution.
4. An interactive walking tour of the Jonesboro Cemetery with Abraham Lincoln and Friends.
5. Markers to be placed in town showing the actual trail of the Trail of Tears as it passed through Jonesboro.
6. A display of Jonesboro’s train station artifacts at the Jonesboro City Library, the former station, with train enthusiasts present.
7. A drive by tour of historic homes and buildings throughout Jonesboro.
8. An interactive archeological dig on the Jonesboro School grounds, near the site of the Trail of Tears.
9. The Jonesboro Bicentennial will also produce a historic photo book in commemoration to the Bicentennial and will be offering them for sale.
10. At the Bicentennial headquarters, commemorative items honoring the 200th Illinois, Union County, and Jonesboro anniversaries will be available for sale.
11. The P. A. S. T. Heritage House and Museum will be open for tours.
Note: Some events will be held inside in case of rain.
Cost of Admission: $free